The Stanford University PERTS lab in the Department of Psychology is looking for a part-time Research Assistant (RA) for 10-15 hours per week. We study the psychology of learning and create tools and resources that empower educators to build more engaging and equitable learning environments. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
This is a 6-month temporary position, with the possibility of continued renewal depending on the needs of the organization. Prior PERTS RAs have gone onto doctoral programs at Stanford University, UC Berkeley, and UCLA.
The RA’s duties will vary depending on the needs of the PERTS team, but major duties will include literature reviews; supporting our marketing and outreach; drafting copy and updating our website content, surveys, and written reports; supporting the research team with citations/references; and assisting with recruiting and program implementation for our large scale studies and programs.
You will be working with a small research group with a start-up mentality and large ambitions for increasing the academic success of students.
- Assist with the development of promotional, recruiting, and program implementation materials for our programs
- Search for content related to our research/programs and draft content for our team to reference, for our social media accounts and other applicable locations
- Draft emails to send to users on our list-serves
- Help with research related tasks as needed, such as writing up reference sections, proofreading, setting up surveys, etc.
- Recent college graduate of a 2- or 4- year program
- Major or minor in psychology or related experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Interest in acquiring new technical skills, including basic web development (HTML, CSS)
- Effective problem solving skills
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly and take on a variety of projects with minimal supervision
- Interest in psychological and/or educational research and/or programs
- Familiarity with the following software (or willingness to learn how to use it): Google Drive, MS Office Suite, Dropbox, Box.com, Git and Github
- Familiarity with and/or a willingness to become proficient with survey software such as Qualtrics
- Experience with social media marketing
Up to $22/hour.
*Applications without cover letters will not be considered*